Microsoft released nine (9) bulletins, of which three bulletins are identified as Critical and the remaining as Important. Several of the updates require a restart.
The bulletins address sixteen (16) vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and Visual Basic for Applications.
Note: MS12-043 (Microsoft XML Core Services) addresses the issues in Security Advisory 2719615. This critical update affects all supported versions of Windows. If you installed the Microsoft Fix it solution described in the Security Advisory, apply the Disable solution, Microsoft Fix it 50898, after installing the security update.
|Bulletin No.||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS12-043||Vulnerability in Windows||2722479|
|MS12-044||Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer||2719177|
|MS12-045||Vulnerability in Windows||2698365|
|MS12-046||Vulnerability in Office||2707960|
|MS12-047||Vulnerabilities in Windows||2718523|
|MS12-048||Vulnerability in Windows||2691442|
|MS12-049||Vulnerability in Windows||2655992|
|MS12-050||Vulnerabilities in Office||2695502|
|MS12-051||Vulnerability in Office||2721015|
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
- Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
- Local support according to your country: International Support
- MSRC: Gadgets, certificate housekeeping and the July 2012 bulletins
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2012
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for July 2012