As a result, Microsoft released Security Advisory 2718704, Unauthorized Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing and a security update. The security update revokes the trust of the following intermediate CA certificates:
- Microsoft Enforced Licensing Intermediate PCA (2 certificates)
- Microsoft Enforced Licensing Registration Authority CA (SHA1)
If you do not have automatic updating enabled, the update is available by checking for updates or can be downloaded from Microsoft KB Article 2718704.
- MSRC: Microsoft releases Security Advisory 2718704
- Tech Net Advisory: Microsoft Security Advisory (2718704) Unauthorized Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing
- Knowledge Base Article: Unauthorized digital certificates could allow spoofing