Microsoft released six (6) bulletins, of which one bulletin is identified as Critical, four (4) as Important and the remaining bulletin as Moderate. one Critical-class, four Important and one Moderate.
The bulletins address seven issues in Microsoft Windows, Visual Studio, and Expression Design. Most updates will require a restart to complete the installation.
|Bulletin Number||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS12-017||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2647170|
|MS12-018||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2641653|
|MS12-019||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2665364|
|MS12-020||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2671387|
|MS12-021||Vulnerability in Microsoft Visual Studio||2651019|
|MS12-022||Vulnerability in Microsoft Expression||2651018|
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit International Help and Support.
- MSRC: Strength, flexibility and the March 2012 security bulletins
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 2012
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for March 2012