Adobe Flash Player was updated yet again to address critical security vulnerabilities. (The last update was less than three weeks ago.) According to Adobe, the vulnerabilities are "priority 2"; critical but not yet exploited.
The newest version for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris is 220.127.116.11. The update for Android 4.x devices is 18.104.22.168 and the update for Android 3.x and earlier versions is 22.214.171.124.
Release date: March 5, 2012
Vulnerability identifier: APSB12-05
CVE number: CVE-2012-0768, CVE-2012-0769
Platform: All Platforms
Flash Player Update InstructionsAdobe Flash Player for Android
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris
Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, direct download links are available.
- If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to uncheck the optional McAfee Security Plus box. It is not needed for the Flash Player update.
- Uncheck any toolbar offered with Adobe products if not wanted.
- If you use alternate browsers, it is necessary to install the update for both Internet Explorer as well as the update for alternate browsers.
Flash Player 11 (32-Bit)
- IE 32-Bit: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/126.96.36.199/install_flash_player_ax_32bit.exe
- Non-IE 32-Bit (Opera, Firefox etc): http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/188.8.131.52/install_flash_player_32bit.exe
- IE 64-Bit: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/184.108.40.206/install_flash_player_ax_64bit.exe
- Non-IE 64-Bit (Opera Firefox etc): http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/220.127.116.11/install_flash_player_64bit.exe
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player for Android, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x.
- Adobe Priority Ratings
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security update available for Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe PSIRT Blog: Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (APSB12-05)