Microsoft released nine (9) bulletins, of which four bulletins are identified as Critical with the remaining five as Important.
The bulletins address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Developer Tools And Software. Most updates will require a restart to complete the installation.
A number of people have a problem with .NET Framework updates. As MS12-016 updates .NET Framework, it is recommended that this update by installed separately, followed by a shutdown/restart.
The Security Research and Defense blog published several articles, located at the links below, regarding the updates:
- Assessing risk for the February 2012 security updates
- MS12-014: Indeo, a blast from the past
- MS12-013: More information about the msvcrt.dll issue
|Bulletin Number||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS12-008||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2660465|
|MS12-009||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2645640|
|MS12-010||Vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer||2647516|
|MS12-011||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft SharePoint||2663841|
|MS12-012||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2643719|
|MS12-013||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2654428|
|MS12-014||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2661637|
|MS12-015||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office||2663510|
|MS12-016||Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework and Silverlight||2651026|
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit International Help and Support.
- MSRC: MSRC looks back at ten years, and the February 2012 bulletins
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for February 2012
- Security Research and Defense: More information on MS12-004
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for February 2012