Microsoft released seven (7) security bulletins, one of which is rated Critical in severity, with the remaining six classified as Important.
The bulletins address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Developer Tools And Software. Most updates will require a restart to complete the installation.
The security bulletin withdrawn last month after Microsoft discovered a compatibility issue between the bulletin-candidate addressing Security Advisory 2588513 and a major third-party vendor has been included in the release as MS12-006, "Vulnerability in SSL/TLS Could Allow Information Disclosure (2643584)".
|Bulletin Number||Bulletin Title||Bulletin KB|
|MS12-001||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2644615|
|MS12-002||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2603381|
|MS12-003||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2646524|
|MS12-004||Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows||2636391|
|MS12-005||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2584146|
|MS12-006||Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows||2643584|
|MS12-007||Vulnerability in Microsoft ASP.NET||2607664|
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit International Help and Support.
- MSRC: January 2012 Security Bulletins Released
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for January 2012
- Security Research and Defense: More information on MS12-004
- Security and Safety Center: Microsoft security updates for January 2012