A critical update was released today by Adobe for Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR. The update was released to address critical security issues in which all except one of the CVE's relate to vulnerabilities that could result in code execution. The remaining vulnerability could lead to a cross-domain policy bypass for Internet Explorer users.
Release date: November 10, 2011
Vulnerability identifier: APSB11-28
CVE number: CVE-2011-2445, CVE-2011-2450, CVE-2011-2451, CVE-2011-2452, CVE-2011-2453, CVE-2011-2454, CVE-2011-2455, CVE-2011-2456, CVE-2011-2457, CVE-2011-2458, CVE-2011-2459, CVE-2011-2460
Platform: All Platforms
Update InstructionsAdobe Air
The update to Adobe AIR 188.8.131.5280 can be obtained from the following locations:
- Adobe AIR 184.108.40.20680: AIR Download Center
- Adobe AIR 220.127.116.1180 for Android Android Marketplace (access via an Android device)
Adobe Flash Player
The latest version for Adobe Flash Player for Android is 18.104.22.168. It is available by downloading it from the Android Marketplace by browsing to it on a mobile phone.
The newest version of Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris is 22.214.171.124.
Although Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, the direct download links are as follows:
(Edit Note: Download links updated. Thank you, ky331!)
Flash Player 11 (32-Bit)
- IE 32-Bit: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.exe
- Non-IE 32-Bit (Opera, Firefox etc): http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.exe
- IE 64-Bit: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.exe
- Non-IE 64-Bit (Opera Firefox etc): http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.exe
If you use the Adobe Flash Player Download Center, be careful to UNCHECK the box shown below. It is not needed for the Flash Player update. In addition, any toolbar offered with Adobe products can be unchecked if not wanted.
Verify InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
- Adobe Security Advisory: Security update available for Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe PSIRT Blog: Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (APSB11-28)