Microsoft released eight (8) bulletins addressing vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, .NET Framework & Silverlight, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Forefront UAG, and Microsoft Host Integration Server. Two of the bulletins are rated Critical and six are rated Important
Below are the Bulletins identified as Critical. As noted above, it is recommended that MS11-078 be installed separately.
Although the Executive Summaries indicate that some of the updates "may" require a restart, regardless of the recommendation, it is always best to restart your computer after applying updates.
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit International Help and Support.
- MSRC: October Update Tuesday: Security Intelligence Report volume 11 announced
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 2011