Microsoft released sixteen (16) bulletins addressing 34 vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, .NET, SQL, Visual Studios, Silverlight and ISA. Nine of the bulletins are identified as Critical in severity and seven as Important.
Below is a quotation of the description of the priority bulletins, from the MSRC Blog:
In reviewing the Executive Summaries from the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2011, note that most of the updates will require a restart. Regardless of the recommendation, it is always best to restart your computer after applying updates.
- "MS11-042 (DFS). This bulletin resolves two privately reported issues affecting all versions of Windows.
- MS11-043 (SMB Client). This bulletin resolves one privately reported issue affecting all versions of SMB Client on Windows.
- MS11-050 (Internet Explorer). This security bulletin resolves 11 privately reported issues in Internet Explorer.
- MS11-052 (Windows). This bulletin resolves one privately reported issue in Windows and is also Critical. "
SupportThe following additional information is provided in the Security Bulletin:
- The affected software listed have been tested to determine which versions are affected. Other versions are past their support life cycle. To determine the support life cycle for your software version, visit Microsoft Support Lifecycle.
- Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit International Help and Support.
- MSRC: Autorun-Related Malware Declines and the June 2011 Security Bulletin Release
- TechNet: Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2011