Details on all of the updates are available in the references section below. The most common products used by home computer users are Adobe Reader, Flash Player and Shockwave Player.
Please see the following special items of note regarding the updates for Adobe Reader, Flash Player and Shockwave Player.
Adobe Reader and AcrobatAs always, beware of third party toolbar offerings. In the event you use Adobe Acrobat, you may be interested in Inside Adobe Acrobat Protected View.
- Adobe Reader FTP Direct Download: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/
- Adobe Reader Sandboxed Version: http://get.adobe.com/reade
Adobe Flash PlayerAlthough Adobe suggests downloading the update from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center or by using the auto-update mechanism within the product when prompted, if you prefer, the direct download links are as follows:
- IE: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
- Non-IE (Opera, Firefox etc) http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe
Verify Flash Player InstallationTo verify the Adobe Flash Player version number installed on your computer, go to the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe Flash Player" from the menu.
Do this for each browser installed on your computer.
Adobe Shockwave PlayerShockwave Player download for Windows: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/
Note: Please remember to uncheck any unwanted 3rd party toolbars/programs during installation. Also please do not confuse this with Adobe Flash Player which is a different program.
How to disable the auto-update setting in Shockwave: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/166/tn_16683.html. If you do not want auto-updating, this must be set every time Shockwave Player is updated.
- APSB11-14 – Security update available for ColdFusion (Important Severity)
- APSB11-15 – Security update available for LiveCycle Data Services, LiveCycle ES, and BlazeDS (Important Severity)
- APSB11-16 – Security update available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat (Critical Severity)
- APSB11-17 – Security update available for Shockwave Player (Critical Severity)
- APSB11-18 – Security update available for Flash Player (Critical Severity)