On Tuesday, February 9, 2011, Microsoft is planning to release twelve (12) security bulletins addressing 22 issues in Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, Visual Studio, and IIS. Three bulletins are rated Critical, the remaining nine are rated Important.
The scheduled updates will be addressing Security Advisory 2490606 (public vulnerability affecting Windows Graphics Rendering Engine) and Security Advisory 2488013 (public vulnerability affecting Internet Explorer).
Important Note: If you installed Microsoft Fix it Solutions for two either or both of the two Security Advisories, they need to be disabled prior to installing the updates. As noted in Microsoft Fix it Available for Security Advisory 2488013, it is particularly important that the Microsoft Fix it be disabled.
Disable: Microsoft Fix it 50593 (Security Advisory 2490606)
Disable: Microsoft Fix it 50592 (Security Advisory 2488013)
- MSRC Blog: Advance Notification Service for February 2011 Security Bulletins
- TechNet: Advance Notification Service for the February 2011 Security Bulletin Released
- Microsoft Fix it: Vulnerability in Internet Explorer could allow remote code execution
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2488013)
- Microsoft Fix it: Vulnerability in Graphics Rendering Engine could allow remote code execution
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2490606)
Clubhouse Tags: Clubhouse, Microsoft, Windows, Security, Updates, Vulnerabilities, Information,