It's more than a game, it's your life
Safer Internet Day is organized by Insafe and co-sponsored by the European Union. The purpose is to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially among children and young people across the world.
As parents, the most important that you can do is talk to your children. Be aware of an make sure they know the dangers that exist on the Internet -- cyberbullying in particular. Cyberbullying is not something that only happens to other people's children. It can have serious consequences. For additional information see Stop Cyberbullying and Help protect your kids from cyberbullying.
Other things parents need to do include
- Know what sites your children are visiting.
- Know who your their friends are -- both online and offline.
- Set time limits to their online time.
For young children consider Kid-Safe Cool Applications and Websites.
The European Union has a wealth of information available for both parents and children with materials available in numerous languages. See How to stay safe online? Resources for parents and children.
Microsoft online gaming resources available at GetGameSmart.com:
- European Union: Safer Internet Programme: Empowering and Protecting Children Online
- Insafe: Safer Internet Day
- Microsoft: GetGameSmart.com
Clubhouse Tags: Clubhouse, Family Safety, Games, Kinect, Windows, XBox,