Facebook assures members that with "instant personalization"
- Participating sites will provide a notification and a way to turn off the customized experience in one click.
- Your information can only be used to present you with a more personalized experience and cannot be transferred to advertisers or used for any other purposes.
To check the settings for instant personalization, do the following:
- Apps and Websites, click the "Edit your settings" link.
- Don't be surprised when presented with a video telling you about the Instant personalization features. To access the page, click the close button on the video:
- After closing the video, the option to manage the Instant personalization setting is at the bottom of the page. The box next to Enable instant personalization on partner websites.should be UNchecked