I was reminded of this omission recently after following the excellent series of tutorials at 7tutorials on using the Command Prompt in Windows 7. If you are not familiar with how to use the Command Prompt or would like to learn additional features, I recommend the illustrated tutorials listed below.
- How to Customize the Command Prompt
- Command Prompt - How to Use Basic Commands
- Command Prompt - Advanced Disk Management Commands
- Command Prompt - Advanced Networking Commands
- Command Prompt - Advanced Commands for System Information & Managing Active Tasks
- Command Prompt - Repair Missing or Corrupt Files
- Command Prompt - Fix Issues with your Boot Records (New 01Dec2010)
- An Ode to the Command Prompt - the Most Powerful and Least Used Windows Tool (Recap about all the great things the Command Prompt can do, New 06Dec2010)
The primary reason I like 7tutorials is the care site owner, Ciprian Rusen, and the editorial staff take in preparing the information for publication. This is exemplified in the site Mission Statement:
"Just like yourself, we are tired of encountering sites which publish bad tutorials that ruin your computer instead of fixing it. We are also tired of editors who write tutorials in a rush and miss some important steps, site owners who shamelessly rip-off other sites, or those who don't thoroughly test their solutions and don't answer all your questions.
Our team has one simple mission: provide complete tutorials for Windows 7. We want to offer quality, not quantity. You might see our site updating less often than others but that's because we will do our best to offer quality articles."
There is a wealth of information available at 7tutorials. I encourage you to check it out. This site definitely deserves to be in the Spotlight!
Clubhouse Tags: Clubhouse, Microsoft, Windows, Tools, Information, Help,