Sunday, February 28, 2010

Celebrating Freedomlist!

Websites come and go. Forums either outlive their usefulness or evolve with the times. Ten years ago, Freedomlist was born as -- well -- as a list of free Internet Service Providers (ISPs). In fact, at that time it was the heyday of free ISPs providing Internet access.

As time passed, Freedomlist evolved from providing help and information on Free ISPs to include $10 & Under Cheap ISP's, then Broadband and, along the way, added Help, Tips & Tricks, PC Protection, and more.

As with any Website, the same may be said about the community. New members come and go. However, throughout the evolution at Freedomlist, many of the same original members, including myself, continue calling Freedomlist "home".

Although I have since branched out to provide help at other sites, it was at Freedomlist where I first learned the ropes for securing my computer, where I learned about software firewalls, antivirus and anti-spyware programs and the importance of keeping security updates up-to-date. So it is with great pride that I announce the 10th Anniversary Celebration of Freedomlist.


Please join me in expressing heartfelt appreciation to the following security software vendors who generously donated licenses to be awarded as contest prizes during the celebration.



Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...

2 comments:

Security Diploma said...

welcome freedomlist back

Clark76 said...

Sorry I am late Corrine but congrats on the ten year anniversary!

-Clark76