Do you have an idea how you could use Windows 7 to help your local community? Submit a short video explaining or illustrating how you would use Windows to help a community organization. Why? Because the 7 people with the best submissions (selected by Microsoft judges) will each win a new PC running Windows 7. In addition, each winner's chosen (eligible) community organization will receive a $7,000 grant.
Find the rules, get additional information and submit your video at 7 Ways to Change the World. The deadline for submission is November 11, 2009.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ok, I can hear the groans from here. You have a great idea and a worth-while community organization that could really benefit from that grant but you have never created a video before. Take my word for it, even an amateur can create a video with Windows Live Movie Maker.
For simple instructions check out the videos the Windows Live Team created and soon you will be on your way. Don’t take too long though, the deadline for submitting your video to 7 Ways to Change the World is November 11, 2009.
Windows Live Movie Maker Videos:
- Getting started with Windows Live Movie Maker
- Using AutoMovie
- Easily create beautiful videos using AutoMovie
- Three ways to share your video creation (YouTube, burn to DVD, save as HD)
- Add photos and videos to Movie Maker to get started
- Add transitions or visual effects
- Edit video clips to include the best footage in your movie
- Add and edit music
- Why we like the storyboard
- Add a title, captions and credits
- Publish to YouTube
Windows Live Movie Maker References:
- Download Link: http://download.live.com/
- The new Windows Live Movie Maker
- Hands on with Windows Live Movie Maker
- Podcast: Windows Live Movie Maker