Effective August 1, 2009, Microsoft discontinued support for "Office Update" and the "Office Update Inventory Tool". Aside from security updates, in order to continue obtaining the latest updates for Microsoft Office products, use either Microsoft Update or Automatic Update.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions are available at Office Online.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Microsoft decommissioning the Office Update service?
- What benefits do I receive by using the Microsoft Update service?
- What will happen if I attempt to access the Office Update website after August 1, 2009?
- I am running Windows Vista. Will my servicing experience be different?
- Will I still be able to use the Office Update Inventory Tool to deploy Office updates?
- I use SMS to deploy my Office updates. How does this affect me?
- I use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) to determine the security state of my computer systems. How does this affect me?
- How will I maintain my existing Office administrative installation point after the Office Update service is decommissioned?
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...