October 30 Tip of the Day:
"A few tips for protecting laptops and data include:
- Never leave your laptop unattended in a public area
- Buy a locking cable for your laptop. The cables are available for purchase at the bookstore, through Case Protective Services, or online.
- Make sure you have a screensaver password
- Don't keep sensitive data on a laptop. Instead, keep it on a central or department file server, and wipe your disk free space after you delete working copies from the hard drive.
- Back up data on a regular cycle, and practice recovery from backup"
The complete article is available at "Case offers tips, programs during Cyber Security Awareness Month"