For parents of teens with a Zune, you need to ensure that they are not exposed to inappropriate content. It is easy to follow the simple instructions to Configure your Zune family safety settings to protect your family. After setting up the settings, please take the time to share these 8 safety tips for using Zune Social with your teen:
If you are over the age of 13, you can use Zune Social.
- Don’t post personally identifiable information on your Zune Card.
- Limit your Zune Card to friends only.
- Don’t post personally identifiable information in the Zune Forums.
- Never meet a person that you’ve met on Zune Social alone in the real world. If you are an adult and you feel that you must meet someone alone, meet in a public place.
- Be cautious about sharing your feelings on Zune Social. Your Zune Card and the comments you post can say a lot about you. A predator can use this information to make you feel important or special as a way of getting your trust.
- Be smart about your Zune Card background and picture. Photographs can reveal personal, identifiable information such as the name of your town or school on your clothing or the license plate number of your car.
- If you feel threatened, report it immediately. You can report abuse of Zune Social by clicking the Report Abuse at the bottom of any page on Zune.net.
- Use your real age in your Zune profile.
8 safety tips for using Zune Social
Configure your Zune family safety settings
Zune Code of Conduct