Operations, Tools and Processes
- Changes have been made on how updates are rolled out to the back-end servers
- Adding to and improving the tools used to make sure the infrastructure is solid
- Revamped the monitoring that is used to track what is happening within the server infrastructure
- Customer Support changes include implementation of world-wide live support:
- 24x7 customer support in North America
- Phone based technical support
- Investigating implementation of 24x7 schedule for outside North America
Note: Free support for WGA-related issues is provided worldwide
Considering the world-wide impact of a problem with the WGA servers, it certainly makes sense to conduct drills to test the processes in place for testing the processes in place.
Help for Victims
The WGA Team has also been making changes in how legalization kits are provided to people who have been duped into purchasing non-genuine copies of Windows operating systems.
See the full report by the WGA Team in Learning and Improving.