- MS07-036: This security update resolves three vulnerabilities that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Excel file.
- MS07-039: This security update resolves two vulnerabilities in implementations of Active Directory on Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server that could allow remote code execution.
- MS07-040: This security update resolves two vulnerabilities that could allow remote code execution and one information disclosure vulnerability on client systems with .NET Framework installed.
- MS07-037: This security update resolves a vulnerability that could allow remote code execution if a user viewed a specially crafted Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 file.
- MS07-041: This security update resolves a vulnerability which could allow remote code execution if an attacker sent specially crafted URL requests to a Web page hosted by Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.1 on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.
- MS07-038: This security update resolves a vulnerability that could allow an attacker could to gather system-specific information about the affected host.
The following security bulletin was re-released:
- MS06-078 has been updated to support the release of Windows Server 2003 SP2 (KB 923689 and KB 925398)
How to get the updates
To get the Windows updates and Microsoft Office updates for your home computer or laptop go to the Microsoft Update Web site now.
If you are using Windows Vista you can manage your updates through the control panel. For more information, see Windows Vista: How to update your operating system.
To manually download available updates, go to Microsoft Update or in Windows Vista go to your control panel. After your computer has been scanned to see which updates it needs, click the Custom button to find and choose the update you want to install. We recommend you install all High-Priority Security and Critical updates immediately.
We recommend that you get the updates delivered automatically to your PC. When your computer is on and connected to the Internet, the most current security updates are automatically downloaded and installed. To learn how to turn on automatic updating for your particular operating system, see Update your computer automatically.
Remember - "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart...