Very briefly, the key features include:
- Hybrid engine — CounterSpy uses a new hybrid engine, which incorporates our traditional antispyware engine with VIPRE, our new antivirus technology.
- It’s faster and more efficient
- Kernel-level Active Protection — Counterspy’s Active Protection(tm) now resides in the kernel — the core of the operating system.
- FirstScan — CounterSpy V2 also has FirstScan technology, which scans certain locations of the drive and removes malware prior to Windows launching. (FirstScan will only run when CounterSpy finds suspicious files).
- Vista support — CounterSpy V2 supports Vista 32 bit and integrates with the Vista Security Center. Support for 64-bit will be added in the forthcoming months.
Unlike other vendors who find it necessary to bad-mouth the competition days before releasing their new software, Sunbelt has developed a software program for the future and introduced it with class.
Introducing CounterSpy V2
Evolving the antimalware technology model